Monday, May 24, 2010

beyond lament

There is an entire inner Infinity which encompasses and gives birth to the observable outer Infinity. As a human, each of us is a gateway between the two Infinities, which are one. In this Kali Yuga age, the tendency and rule is to give more attention to and to "lay up our treasures" in the outer Infinity, though its formation arises from the Inner.

In this age of dissolution, we celebrate appearance and form rather than that which births us, that which gives rise to formation. Lamentation is definitely in order, appropriate. But lamentation does not get us very far. We can only sit so long in the ash heap and scrape our running sores with pot shards.

We must get up and face the god we have created. This is effective only if we move out of and from a deep centering in the Inner.

The Inner is more powerful than the external, gives rise to the external. The external we have now stems from our shallowness.

Deep calls to deep.

5 comments:

  1. George, Last year there was a specific blog where you were discussing only Mahabharata, specifically Bhagavad Gita.. Where is the link to that, or was it back in Warrior Notes? I've been looking for those chapters..
    I was looking for some stuff that you were touching base on concerning
    Vedanta and that particular picture of the universe.
    Maybe it was earlier in one of the blogs you "ended" and continued into Warrior notes??? thanks for any links to that stuff,
    Harlan

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Warrior notes I see the "labels" link and in Bhagavad Gita there are 9 posts starting from Sept 25, 09 to March of this year...I can't seem to find what I thought was some stuff you had posted on Vedanta, it must have been in another blog somewhere...
    I'll keep looking, thanks, HB

    ReplyDelete
  3. George,

    I can really relate to your posting this morning. Last night, in my dreams, I was chanting A-U-M and Sat-chid-ananda over and over and over, all night long (thanks Brad!). When I awoke, I lay for a long while contemplating SAT...Being. Opening to inner and outer spaciousness, beginning to get that sense of being beyond directionality. The dimensions of this perceivable existence seem so much richer ensconced in this perspective. Thanks for all your reminders to explore the depths of this mystery we call "existence." ~Stan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks George and Stan. Between the two of you I have remembered a process I was using at night to go deeper, as George has often put it, "by breathing the love that breathes me." When realizing that is what is happening, the simple act of breathing has some remarkable effects.

    Thank you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy the images of the "inner infinity" and the "outer infinity." They're reminiscent of one of my favorite images in physics: David Bohm's "implicate order" and "explicate order." There's something intuitively valid about the images, or concepts. Of course the physics/Bohm concept lacks the idea of lamentation, which is perfectly alright with me since I'm not big on lamentation anyway. Thanks, George!

    ReplyDelete