Wednesday, June 30, 2010

water drops

"Are we the drop of the water or the water of the drop?" asks Raimon Panikkar.

My experience is that many humans identify with the drop: a self-encapsulated individuality.

What we have termed "spiritual life" is time set aside to pursue identification with the water.

For many of us, we then go back to being a drop, hoping we can and will set aside some time again to opening to being the water. This is called "spiritual practice."

When we know fully and deeply that we are the water of the drop, the drop takes care of itself. One does not have to practice being a drop being the water anymore. One is the water.

2 comments:

  1. Hi George,

    I was at a baseball game Monday night. There were roughly 40,000 fans in attendance. As I looked around at all those individuals, I saw them as particles, and then, of course, I imagined them as a wave. To my surprise, as soon as that image crossed my mind, the fans started doing “the wave” around the stadium! It gave me the most wonderful sense of joy to see it all fall together before my very eyes. It was something remarkably special that not everyone would understand, so I thought I would share it Here.

    Love to you and all of those who pass through Here.

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete