Wednesday, February 3, 2010

writing the bones

I hear from time to time that many don't understand what I am saying in my postings -- one implication being that I should use more common terms, another being that I should flesh out my bare bones writings with explanations and references and footnotes, maybe slow it down a little and start with A before I hit X, Y, and Z.

Not interested.

Another thing I hear is that I am "preaching to the choir." Probably so, but all I know is I get up in the morning and write what comes. Conversion of the masses and obtaining large followers swaying in time to a common beat is not my goal. If I wanted to do that, I'd get some backup singers (three lovely jazzy women) and a band and hop on the T and V. Get me an electric blue suit and have my beard trimmed.

Not interested.

Just want to write the bones.

10 comments:

  1. Your writings greet me as a play of creative Logos shining upon itself and I enjoy their illuminations.

    "Now, how come that ol' sun don't rise and shine the way I want it to?"

    Thank you George...


    --Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer." --Bones, Star Trek

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that's the case, I'm proud to be part of your choir.

    (But the electric blue suit might not be a bad idea ...)

    ~G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An electric blue suit; that's funny! Just add sequins and you're ready for prime-time Sunday.

    Troutbum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep on writing the bones
    At times Jesus' disciples had no idea what he was saying
    Just keep on writing the bones
    And the choir
    We like your song
    So write the song
    sing the song
    Always with your passion for love.

    Littlegeezer

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have written before that you are on "the path of no path". I am sure some people would prefer that you carve out a defined path for all to follow; maybe pave it and put up stop and yield signs at appropriate places, but that has been done before, a thousand times over. We may not always understand "the path of no path", but it contains an awareness crucial to our freedom beyond words and definitions and thoughts. Keep writing the bones, my friend. Bless you for doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, if only there were an APA manual for mystics--the 7th ed.! (I think one-inch margins all around would sufficiently constrain any/all creative flow, lest it spill out over everything to make an un-reason-able, chaotic mess.)

    Good to 'see' you, Patrick--and I certainly agree with your write...


    --Gary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brad

    I miss you! Always loved listening to you and George conversing at Mountain Waves. Truly good spirit and energy...

    Blessings


    --Gary

    ReplyDelete