Thursday, October 18, 2012

cortical adventure

The cynical part of me slides across a slick flat smoothness of my brain, no fissures to catch hold allowing deeper understanding, unending desert scenery unchanging.

The wiser part of me experiences brain as crags and hills, caves, canyons and ridges where calm and joyous exploration advances into adventurous unknowns.

I have also fallen into a crevasse and sat trapped in the dank cold at its bottom, peering up at times in hope of glimpsing a tiny strip of sky where breathes sweet air of release.

Adventurer, cynic, prisoner: my primary mode is and always has been the first. No crevasse entrapment for many years. But when looking at the human species, I must watch out for the gnarly grumblings of the cynic.

Solution: keep my eyes upon the infinite unfolding of being and the wondrous mystery of this existence, of this existing. Adventuring continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment