Tuesday, December 20, 2011

dressing in the thought patterns of yesteryear

Talem eum vidi qualem capere potui ("I saw him in such a form as I was able to take in"). -- Acts of Peter

We cannot see beyond our capacity. When our minds are filled with the usual stuff, we cannot see beyond the usual stuff. We are surrounded by wonders and see only our fears, our angers, our desires. We fill our consciousness with this, with that. In order to see, we need to create room. We need to have a clearance sale. Better yet, vanquish all those thoughts to other realms.

We get up in the morning and put on the same old clothes, dressing ourselves in the thought patterns of yesterday and yesteryear and yesterdecade. If we want to see, the best thing to do is to have no clothing at all. We are naked anyway, maintaining only the illusion of clothing. Our souls are bare. Our hearts are open. Our wounds are showing and speak with loud voices. The social contract is to act as if this is all covered. Ignore as you are ignored.

We wish to know the meaning of life, yet we keep ourselves occupied. This is the sign we place on our soul's door: Occupied. Do Not Disturb. We can keep ourselves in this soporific trance all our life. No one will fault us for it. It is expected.

If we truly wish to see, we clear. We open room.

Talem eum vidi qualem capere potui ("I saw him in such a form as I was able to take in").

3 comments:

  1. "Give me room, lots of room, under starry skies above..." don't let me fence myself in, I pray...

    ReplyDelete