Monday, December 19, 2011

consumed

Do not come to me with your latest salvational plan! I find solace only in the burning flame of my heart. This heart! The only heart I have and am. This is where new birth arises!

Get out of my way with your pre-structured visions of Christ! I do not want to be welcomed into your holy order. I experience Christ anew, each moment, as He and I move in harmony and disharmony, as I learn His Eternal Tango -- the Tango of the Blazing Heart.

This is the time for us all to shed our doctrinal clothes, even you Buddhists with your non-doctrine doctrine, your thin transparent raincoat of no thing. And you Christians, with your smug self-satisfaction of a reserved seat in the celestial choir. And you Taoists who want to be the water without ingestion for fear of choking and drowning. And you Muslims shrouded in a Law with no taste of the open-hearted surgery of Rumi and Hafiz. I have no time nor inclination to mention all the rest of the blustering clusterings, but you know who you are, you Legion of Doctrinaires!

Goodbye! I have no time for you! I live in and as this roaring alchemical furnace. One walks with me here in this burning, this heart flaming. And don't tell me you know Him, because you don't! To know is to possess and no one possesses this eternal One.

Stop staring at me, let your own heart burn!

5 comments:

  1. George,
    This post shakes the rafters and touches the strings of my heart! Our conversation yesterday continues to reverberate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flaming heart. No longer only for the mystics. --Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh come all ye faithful
    joyful
    etc etc etc

    ReplyDelete