Sunday, September 18, 2011

knowing

What hardly anyone seems to get is that we ARE the universe embodying (in Christian language, we ARE children of God; in Buddhist speak, we ARE the body of Buddha; in Tao talk, we ARE the Tao taoing). Instead we are fascinated with societal minutiae and spend much of our lives staring at and dealing with matters of inconsequential triviality. We love illusion and entertainment and suck them unto ourselves like a snake swallowing a glass egg -- never filling and always searching for more. What a different world this planet would enjoy if we opened awareness to this one understanding: WE ARE THE UNIVERSE EMBODYING.

4 comments:

  1. To know Christ, I must become equal to Christ. To know Buddha, I must become equal to Buddha. To know the Tao, I must become equal to the Tao. To ego emotio-rationality, this is either nonsense or blasphemy. To the soul, this is common sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...well put...thank you, George! ♥ Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been searching for these words. I should have known I would find them here!

    What you wrote I know to be true. The rest is falling away. My ego still drives me to try to catch the droppings of it's insanity from time-to-time, but that cannot replace the knowing. The knowing returns with each breath, as I embody the universe and it embodies me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks George, You always nail it!!!

    ReplyDelete