Tuesday, July 12, 2011

shaping up and shipping out

Am deeply appreciating the understanding that as we pass on, we do not immediately know that we have died to this world. We continue on the familiar path we have already chosen.

Makes me think that this life now is the afterlife of a previous existence. I do have some memories. I love it. Life-and-death are a continuing evolution of consciousness. Forever. No end.

In the Marines we were told as raw recruits during training at Parris Island that we had to "shape up or ship out." With our human situation, it's shape up AND ship out. No one understands this better than a geezer who knows s/he is closer to shipping out time. At times I can see what I am moving into and it is mighty fine. I am in shipping shape.

3 comments:

  1. You are just returning to your natural state of being. Who you were before you were born. Returning to the enfolding Bliss of God or the Source. Keep shining that Light, George, and blind everyone who you meet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Light? What blinding? What everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking a lot about this issue, about where you go and what you might be doing after you die; having as you know, been witness to two rather differently circumstanced deaths this past year. One contemplated at length, resisted and finally surrended to, and the other plucked away without a hint. Does it matter how you meet your end? I really dont know, but it does seem possible that we live a whole lifetime in that very last moment, in that very last breath. Perhaps at the very end they were already outside of time. At the beginning and the end of the circle, life and death, and maybe even all that comes in between, is not distinct.

    It took me a while to really understand they were gone and I wonder if it it because maybe they hadnt realized it either. The transition perhaps does not appear quite as abrupt once you are on the other side. Anyway, in the reports I get back from the dream world, after some initial confusion all does seem quite fine.

    Thanks again for your writings.
    Tania

    ReplyDelete