Tuesday, July 5, 2011

service

"You've got to serve somebody" sang Mister Bob Dylan. And he was right. At the very least you serve yourself. But you did not create you. You are an energetic being in an energetic universe, a swirl in a swirling of energy continuously unfolding out of Mystery. This energetic universe is composed of forces and beings more advanced in awareness than you and of others less aware than you.

Whether you realize it or not, you have a counterpart within that realm. There is a you invisible to the physical eye manifesting itself spiritually. This spiritual you serves or is aligned with one or another of spiritual forces. These forces have personalities, have essences, have names, names arising out of them as identity. The name of the essence I follow (at times more closely than others) is Jesus. I say this as a statement of fact, not to persuade you to "come to Jesus." You will follow whom you will follow. But rest assured, you are following the energetic path of "somebody," some realm of forces. You do not stand alone.

"I was naked and you did not clothe me" states it well. Your spiritual lord (to use the older terminology) and teacher asks to be clothed by you. If you do not allow it, this plaint is lodged against you. In our physical manifestation, we serve as "clothing" to the spirit we are and to the order of the spiritual being we serve. This is our service. All else follows.

3 comments:

  1. Some nice thoughts this morning, George. Keep moving in alignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing post to aid in trance-ending. If you clothe me when I am naked; feed me when I am hungry; comfort me when I am in despair; the trance will be disrupted. You will "see" as if you had never had eyes. Service is the opening of this heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm spirit service...many are called, few answer

    ReplyDelete