Tuesday, December 17, 2013

biopsy

I was born into this world with a clear and open heart. I wanted to please the Large Ones, who seemed to know what they were doing. I found that some of them were ill of heart. Others were heart itself. I followed the heartfelt ones and kept a wary eye on the heartsick. I learned well and yet never totally adapted. My inner world with which I was born was different and I would not let it go, for to do so would be to die. I made myself proficient in all the ways of the external world: physically, mentally, emotionally, socially. I invaded the external world, opened into it and, as far as possible, did not let it invade me. I followed the inner laws and understandings. Doing so brought conflict with the dogma of external ways. At times I was lost with nothing to follow but the beating of my heart. I began to understand that I was being breathed, not breathing myself. I saw the interflow of all existing, seen and unseen. The boundary between internal and external dropped away. Awareness and understanding continue increasing. I see the earth vehicle, the physical body, beginning its demise. This is as it should be. I am graduating. On graduation day, I will leave this world as a clear and open heart, the way I came in, but different.

1 comment:

  1. It is a graduation. It means you don't have to come back to school if you don't want to.

    ReplyDelete