Monday, April 18, 2011

1 and 0

An entire theology or cosmology can be built around 1 and 0. The 1 represents the human extrusion and intrusion into the cosmos, the erect "I" insisting on its portion and its due. Following I like baby ducks waddling after their mama are me, my, and mine. The 0 represents open surrender to the cosmos, which of course we already are. 0 represents true emptying, allowing radiant being to move through. In conventional religious terms, 1 represents that from which we are "saved" and 0 that which we are "saved" to. 1 and 0, darling, that upon which the computational system of computers is based and that by which we count for something and count as nothing.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I especially like the last line, George..."that for which we count as something AND count for nothing." --Steve F.

    ReplyDelete