Friday, July 16, 2010

of cosmic birth

I am of cosmic birth and I know it. The former is true of us all; the latter, it seems, of relatively few.

Some seem to know themselves as encapsulated entities in a social network. Some live as meat bound by skin. Some seem to never think about it.

We are of cosmic birth. The cosmos peers through "our" eyes. (We own nothing, though we say "our" and "my" and "mine.")

We seem yet to have accepted that we are of planetary birth. So awareness of cosmic birth and cosmic citizenry may be too much to ask.

What would your life be like if you knew, deeply and thoroughly, that you are an embodying of the cosmos, that you are the cosmos itself at play?

3 comments:

  1. Even if one knows the truth, if all around you believe something else entirely, you have to live in their collective "world" to an extent even if you know it's a false one until you can end their collective illusion. But the Universe challenges everyone's illusions at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we realize that we embody the Source, suddenly we connect with the joy of simply being. But for me this realization comes in and out of focus. I am the ocean, then I am back to being the particle, then I am the wave, then I am the ocean again. "Inside out... Outside in..." as the band "Yes" sang in their song "Perpetual Change".

    Retaining the awareness of the ocean once I find myself a particle again is remarkable, as is retaining the knowledge of the existence as a particle helpful when returning to being the ocean. Sometimes I think that this transfer of awareness is part of our mission. Perhaps it is just what happens. I’m not sure.

    These transitions are becoming easier -- the process reflected in every series of breath, if you will. I wonder sometimes if I have been at this for decades or for millennia or longer. Then I remember that in the Now there is no time.

    That usually leads to me letting my mind go quiet, and I bask in the Joy of being the embodying of the Source again. And then the process starts all over.

    Amazing and beautiful, it continues to ebb and flow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are stardust....joni mitchell

    ReplyDelete