Monday, April 19, 2010

conversations

Seems like some of the things I write irritate the bejesus out of one of my friends. We talked about it this morning. These aggravational items fall within the realm of the experiences I have had and continue to have in what might be termed the mystico-theosopho-philosopho-psychologico areas of consciousness. He and many others have not had those experiences so I could easily be labeled as delusionally insane and dismissed. To his credit, from my point of view, he did not write me off and so we continue our conversations.

He was surprised that no one else had approached me in the straightforward way he did on this matter. I surmised that (a) some folk did not understand what I said much of the time anyway, so, just like not bothering to look up unintelligible words in the dictionary, just slid on by and went on with their lives, without further exploration or questioning comments, (b) some folk got riled that I spoke of what to them is the unseen, the unscientific, and hence, the ignorant as if it were seen and real and decided not to make too much of it since that's just George and he's too old and set in his ways to get converted to modern reality anyway, (c) some folk have had and do have similar experiences and so fully comprehend what I am talking about, and (d) some folk just don't want to think about such things.

My friend allowed as how I had a few things in my favor that kept him from deleting my every posting -- I seemed to be fairly intelligent and well read, seem open to a wide variety of opinions and viewpoints, and seem to have a sense of humor. Plus he said something that just cracked me up. He said I didn't seem to be trying to lead some kind of mass movement, and that if I was I seemed to be totally inept at it.

I love that guy. I hope he comes on and argues some with me. You too. Isn't that called a conversation?

10 comments:

  1. "Madness isn't for everyone."
    e.m.forester

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem is, George, that you are beyond mind, beyond that realm which the mind can put into words, yet can still comprehend once it has experienced it. Some term it the mystical, the Unborn, Enlightenment, etc. But the word is not the thing or reality it points to, merely a label. I know that I am not entirely sane, enlightened, dwelling in the peace that passes all understanding, or whatever you wish to call it, but I can't deny that such a psychological state does not exist. Sometimes I grok you, other times I don't. But I trust that you are doing the best you can to awaken others no matter how uncomprehending they and I may be. Everyone awakens in his or her own moment. I am not sure why this is so, but if we are all one Universal Consciousness underneath, then that Consciousness knows the why as well as the when. The problem these days is that people don't argue to seek truth. They argue to confuse and muddle the truth. Your friend seems to be a wise man. I hope he chooses to seek the Truth through inquiry and introspection. But all of this is just getting back to where we were when we were babes before we developed egos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your friend didn't write you off. It's as jbmoore says, "Everyone awakens in his or her own moment." One day, your friend might be darn glad you're there for him. Stranger things have happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to struggle with the theosophical writings. You think You are out there? At least you are creating bridges through your own insights and understandings. Also I find much humor in your very serious ande not so serious endeavours. I am glad that your words reach beyond the ordinary. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother. The vast expanse of what is certainly reaches far beyond what is humanly knowable; at least with this thing called the brain. I am glad you take high aim even if the arrow misses it's mark as it will often. Keep plotting on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you mean my arrow misses its mark? Okay, come clean, buddy boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your arrow is never off the mark. There did I get that right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. George, I feel like your brother and you are speaking to a brother. So I constantly enjoy your points of view and the direction they take me. I am reminded of the spiral nature of conscious evolution. Evolution is not just a straight line from here to there, but the old spiral. Depending on where we are in the moment and what we are doing, we can occupy different points along the spiral, and while at a specific point we can understand those approaching our point on the spriral, but not those on points past our point.

    And besides a your great sense of humor and ability not to take yourself seriously, is fun and pulls folks along the spiral of conscious evolution. Love ya, Ron or aka Littlegeezer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In 1973 I was hiding in the mountains of Chiapas in Mexico..(hiding from civilization, I thought). I was 6 months into a diet of fruit and occasional veges and grains, with a bit of cheese, for protein, that the local Maya's made in the hills around me and a weekly or bi-weekly bowl of Psilocybin Mushroom soup. I was feeling quite light and clean and inspired by every single moment. I was in remote area, that I walked 14 hours to reach, from the last bus stop and the end of the road..I was sure that no one except local folks would be found or even consider going to where I was.
    I was wrong. A couple from New York City, who were perhaps 20 years older than I..(I was 22 at the time) wandered into the area. Word somehow got around that I was up there and that they may want to visit, and they did..I was amazed when I saw them walking toward my camp.. They were a couple on a sort of mystical sojourn, and they sat and talked of and quoted sufi poems, and other interesting things that I had no knowledge of...I just know it all felt good, deep down in, I did not need to understand exactly what they were talking about, it just felt good...
    So often times here at these blogs, some of you step in way over my head, your belts with innumerable notches, representing books read and years of study and effort.... I don't understand it all or know if it is on target or what ever, but I do know that it feels good.
    So George, you make me feel good.. You are a magic mushroom in a cave of commercially grown, bland, colorless fungus, destined for Pizza Hut..
    And I like it. HB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Checking in to see what you and the rest of my traveling companions write is the highpoint of my day. Whether we agree or not, I am reminded to move from my center...to be mindful...to stop clinging...to stop resisting what IS...to stop judging...to act with loving kindness. This is one remarkable group with which to be associated. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was married to an artist once. He told me that the purpose of art is to evoke emotion - ya love it or ya hate it. Even when someone had a strong dislike for his work, he was satisfied because he was able to get them stirred up - one way or another.
    I wonder if the ones who get irritated are like the ground that gets disrupted when the seed is planted. The dirt has to get stirred up to get that seed in there. And then, when the dust finally settles - behold! A flower! (OK, sometimes a turnip...)
    Glad you keep sowing George and seeing the flowers for all the weeds.

    ReplyDelete