Sunday, October 12, 2014

consciousness transformation

The only way out of our predicament is through spiritual development or, in terms more palatable to some, consciousness transformation. First, you have to acknowledge, claim, own who you are. No hiding. Ruthless acceptance. Bare ass naked awareness. Notice your thoughts. As long as you keep thinking the same old thoughts, you will be the same old you. (Hence the old Zen saying I made up: How many times must you jump on a pogo stick?) Notice what your hands are doing during the day. As long as your hands keep doing the same old things, you will be the same old you. Notice your breath, your breathing in, the pause, the breathing out, the pause, the breathing in. Breathe out to the far horizon. Breathe in to your core infinity. As long as your breath goes unnoticed, you will be the same old you. Notice your attitude toward others, toward the day, toward life, toward this moment. As long as your attitude is negative, you will stay negative. As long as your attitude stays the same, you will stay the same. Notice the tightness of your jaws. Open and close and open your jaws. Make ludicrous expressions with all the muscles of your face. As long as your jaws stay tight and your facial expression rigid, you will be the same old you. Notice where you put your attention. Whatever you attend to, you become. If you keep attending to the same old things, you will be the same old you. There! If you want consciousness transformation, that should be plenty enough to start. 

2 comments:

  1. I got a busy day ahead of me. Thanks for the RX kick in the drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I am getting so good at pogoing! Of course, it really gets me nowhere. I'm getting off today to see what I can see without my habitual repetition. Let's see what I attend to. Let's see what I become. Love you, good brother.

    ReplyDelete