Tuesday, February 4, 2014

talking with my Doc

I went to see my Doc yesterday, a solid M.D. with an additional strong interest in the realm of the Invisible. We always yak a little about the cosmophilotheosophical before attending to the physical business.

He spoke today of the situation of humanity.

He then said, "I want to get a copy of a manuscript to you that someone gave me. It speaks of the Inner and the Outer, of our having an inner life and an outer life, and that the two are different realms. What do you think about that?"

I said that makes sense to me and that many folk seem to live in that dualistic state with its dissonance, troubles, and problems. Many folk seem to have that split consciousness, feeling themselves to be isolated protoplasmic blobs from the rest of All That Is.

He wondered if it had to be that way.

I said no, in addition to living in the Inner and living in the Outer, there is a third way.

The consulting room was silent as he waited to hear.

"One IS the Inner emerging into the Outer. One comes from deep within the All and emerges outward as the All. No separation. This is a state of consciousness that is Whole."

"How does this happen?" he asked with deep interest.

"For some, it happens to them," I said. "For others, it has to be sought and opened into."

"How do they do that?"

"The same method exists across cultures and across time. Sit down, shut up, let all drop away, all chit-chat of the mind. Become empty, quiet, and open. Awareness expands. Consciousness opens."

We sat quietly for a bit. Aware. Open.

We then attended to my physical manifestation.

I love my Doc.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, George. That lit me up, and then quieted me down. Sat is the stillness for awhile, opening my heart to create the capacity need for all that Is to enter. Ahhhhhh... It is beautiful to Be.

    ReplyDelete